Bring back the Saturday night fish fry tradition with this wonderful recipe.
Prep – 15 mins
Marination – 30 mins
Total – 45 to 50 mins
Servings – 4
750 gm Fish ( Your choice, I tried Surmai or king mackerel) into regular-sized pieces
9 to 10 nos Green Chillies (Depends how much spicy you want)
10 to 12 nos Cloves of garlic (medium sized)
1 to 1.5 inch Ginger
1 to 2 tsp Red chilly powder
2-3 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
1 to 2 nos Lemon juice
1 to 1.5 cup Bajra floor(Pearl millet) for coating
3 to 4 tsp Rawa (Semolina) to get crispy coating
Oil to shallow fry
Salt to taste
- Wash properly the fish pieces thoroughly and keep aside for 5 mins to drain all extra water.
- After that add one full lemon juice, salt, and 2 tsp of turmeric power into fish pieces mix properly. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chilles for marination. Add lemon juice, salt, red chilly powder, and a bit of turmeric powder (if needed) and mix well to make the marinate.
- After 15 mins wash fish again thoroughly.
- Add fish pieces to marinate, mix thoroughly, cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile take the bajra flour, add in salt, red chilly powder, rawa, and turmeric powder and mix well.
- After 30 mins, dip the fish pieces in the powder coating mixture (Coat properly all sides) and shallow fry in a pan till cooked.
- Drain on the paper towel and serve hot.